Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Expected to Work the Next Day When I'm Suppose to Be Off

Well, I got called to work on my day off.  The worst part was that I had to wake up around 6:30 AM.  I got called in at the last minute.  I got just enough sleep in to properly function.  Yes, once again it's the dreaded morning where everyone is struggling to get out of bed.  What can be more realistic than having to wake up in the morning?  Nothing was over the top crazy but having to wake up early in the morning.  If I could wake up in the morning I could conquer the whole day with ease and confidence.  Unfortunately, waking up in the morning is the greatest of my struggles in life.

Yes, I did do the work.  I got up, put on my professional attire, and proceeded to drive off all the while navigating my GPS, making sure I had my car parked in a safe spot and all kinds of other crazy stuff to make sure my day went smoothly.  I drove a lot.  I had to go all the way down south, pick up another vehicle, and  shoot some x-rays.  Nursing homes are not fun and will take a toll on you if you stick around for too long which is the very same reason why I would never be a nurse.  I don't like it.  No, I would not want to be a nurse ever.  I do not qualify.  Nurses need to be patient and loving people.  They need to be able not to discriminate or judge anyone else simply, because they are sick or elderly.  You really need to know yourself before getting into nursing just because it pays well and "everyone else is doing it".  Regardless, parents and grownups still try and influence kids to become nurses, doctors, and lawyers.  Find your own path that suits you.  No one else is going to do the work except you.  Yes, it's real work and you'll feel the repercussions and ramifications of the environment of the job and the work flow.  To just ignore these things and look at your paycheck is just blatantly
The other face of life is the money you'll receive for working these long hours and crazy shifts.  Yes, you need the money to put a roof over your head.  Yes, there is a bigger picture to realize other than hiding inside of your own comfort zone.  When you care about someone, you'll do whatever it takes just to get by.  Who knows?  I don't know why anyone would want to take care of someone else other than it was themselves or a family member except for . . . money.  The vast majority of us do things, train, or go back to school for no other purpose but to make money or in the hopes of making more money.  It's rare to find someone who's both passionate and makes money off of their personal interest.  Finding your passion and making money is a brilliant idea but very few will ever find it.

I do x-rays for money as of now.  Do I like it?  Do I care about my patients?  Or do I just do it for the money?  Look, no one wants to work for more than eight straight hours a day and then be told to work another shift.  At the same time, you're making that money.  It has pros and cons.  Long hours is hell for just about anyone in any field that makes money.  Is it ever fun?  Does anyone have a good time on the job?  Well, it's completely psychological.  If you decide to care less inside and not let things bother you, the day will go on.  If you can't let go of hating on someone, hating your job, hating a particular person/coworker/boss, things will be much harder.  I simply decide to leave everything at the door step once I'm back inside my house.  Yes, separating your work life and your home life is very important.  You don't want anything nasty spilling over from one place back into your home.  As a child, I never understood my grownups would be so nasty all the time.  Now that I'm older, it's probably because they had a rancid time at their job.  If such is the case, I try to not confront these kinds of people and continue to carry on.  On the other side of the spectrum, some people are very needy for attention.  "Help me" . . . no I'm sorry I don't want anything to do with you. All of these forces are continuing to fight each other each day.  I choose to hermit as much as possible.  I don't care nor do I wish to care.  The more I have to care, the more risk I have at getting in trouble.  I don't like adding on baggage.  Everyone should be able to take care of themselves.  When everyone is able to carry their own weight, only then is it safe to "be friends".  If you have someone who needs too much help or someone who's just a blatant jerk hole there creates an imbalance.  I probably wouldn't like either type of personality and will just move on doing my own thing.  I will hermit myself out of a situation if I have to.  If you want my help you better be able to pay for it.

Well, today it's raining outside.  It's actually raining pretty hard.  With with wind blow and cold air skidding off the surface of my face, I wish for nothing else but to find warm shelter and a safe place to relax.  My needs are safely met, and I'm calm.  I'm free to write and nothing crazy is going on.  I have the whole day to myself.  It sounds selfish right?  Yes, I'm being selfish for my own sake.  I worked yesterday, and I want to take the day I have off.  I don't want to feel some kind of guilt trip for negligence.  I'm free to do whatever I want.  This is what I want.  I don't want to be bothered with having to pay thousands of dollars in doing something crazy or traveling somewhere.  I decided I don't want a debt filled life of responsibility.  I'm more of a wandering homeless man.  Bills?  What bills?  Kids?  What kids?  Zero is the balance I want to have at the end of the month.  Less bills; less drainage on society:  Less is more.  Remember, less is always more.  It'll save your ass.

Thank you for reading!  I hope to see you next time!

    


No comments:

Post a Comment