Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Another Day in the Ghetto

Well, I have 4 days off.  I used one of the days off.  I have accomplished nothing as of yet except SLEEP.  I definitely need some rest after working 3 days straight.  Sleep?  Yes, people need to sleep.  The brain and the body need to rest and recover, so why was the first thing I've stated something along the lines of "accomplished nothing but sleep".  Is sleeping not an accomplishment?  People NEED SLEEP.  I'm not exactly sure why sleeping is looked down upon like being lazy or passive.  I value sleep.  It helps me not only pass time but recover.  I feel much better getting sleep in, but there still remains the question of "productivity", "marketing", "sales", "revenue", etc.

Show me the innovation!  Where is this "business" I'm happy to wake up to.  Is this my company?  Is this my idea?  Where is the foundation?  Who is the target customer?  What is the product?  What is the industry?  Who else is connected?  Where's the network?  Who is the manufacturer?

There's no easy answer to any of these questions.  I would literally have to bootstrap everything I can get my hands on.  Buy why even try?  All that effort; all of that time used to grab sales from customers?  Why not just spend my time sleeping?   This is something I have to decide for myself and move forward with.  Vision is what I'm aiming for.  Vision is all that I have as of now.  There is a beginning and an end.  "Homeless" why not just be a homeless and not care?  Having your own store will cost a lot of overhead.  You'd need to keep renting out space.  It takes a significant chunk of money each month for business space.  Not a lot of businesses can even survive their first year out on the streets, so how is anyone able to get ahead these days?  Are we just all doomed to work for someone else or for the government?  It's easier more than ever today with kickstarter and gofundme to get people to invest in your startup.  Is this what I must do?  If I don't start somewhere I have no one else to blame but myself.  Write a book?  I have this blog going on.  That's the closest thing to "writing my own book", my own product.  They even make is easy to sell on Amazon.  Everyone has access to these tools, but it's up to someone like me to get off the couch and actually go do something.

So how the hell will I write my own book?  Remember, this is the only product I have that I can create myself that doesn't require whole lot of material and resources.  It can either be fictional or nonfiction.  Where would I start?  Is it for kids or adults?  Who is the target audience?  Will anyone be interested in reading this?  Would anyone ever dear to purchase my book?  Marketing and sales is a key component to the success of my book.  My book . . . my book?

  

No comments:

Post a Comment