Monday, October 26, 2015

Another Day, Another Dollar


Well, here it it is, another one of my astonishing paychecks.  During the time I was earning this paycheck I was working hard and sweating my ass off hauling around a 140 lbs. x-ray machine.  I need to meet the orders on time or the owners' of the nursing homes get mad.  Yes, trouble arises from time to time regarding, the vehicle I drive, the equipment, electricity concerns, and even the patients.  Most of the problems that arise on the job can be fixed by vising the x-ray repair shop that's thankfully not too far away in some weird, remote location in the middle of nowhere.  As long as there are repair services around, the business can be functioning.  Another thing that is important is AAA and other car repair services.  Yes, the van does break down or the wheel blows out from time to time.  I should probably get myself my own personal AAA card in the event something weird should happen.  Having a tow truck saving your ass when you're on the job is a life saver.  It's well worth the money.  Well, I got this job out of my county college.  No, my state college with a big name "Rutgers" has done nothing in helping me find a job.  Somewhere along the lines of "I have kids to feed" doesn't make sense to prestigious colleges.  What expensive colleges do know how to do real well is charge you thousands upon thousands of dollars in tuition until you are forced into a repeating cycle of crippling student debt each month until it's paid in full plus 8%-10% in interest.  The price I paid for community college, going through the unemployment tuition waiver program, was a far better outcome than going through the name brand school of Rutgers.  "Buy low and sell high" is the name of the game.  If you're paying $200,000 for a school that gets you nowhere after you graduate, guess what? You bought high and didn't sell sh*t, which is a very real reality for a lot of suckers out there.  "Buy low and sell high" is the only way you can get out of this kind of mess.  With the national student debt toppling over 1 trillion dollars, things are going to hell in a hand basket real quick!  No one likes debt!  If a company has an overwhelming amount of debt, it's BAD.   You probably don't understand why they're in so much debt nor are they doing anything to help themselves get out of even more debt.  It's not worth the time or money to invest in a debt ridden company that can't seem to pull their shit together!  Get your shit together and make some dough!    
If the company or school is too complicated and doesn't make sense to you, it probably doesn't make any money either.  For your own sake don't invest in it!  You should only invest in what you can comprehend and understand on your own.  If you need a lawyer to understand what you're signing forget about it.  Something overwhelmingly complicated is in that can of worms that you don't want to open.  As soon as your gut instincts trigger "bullshit" that's why you should just leave.  You'd rather get sleep at night than to have to deal with even more complicated shit in the morning.

Keep things simple and work hard.  If you're putting that 8 hours a day, 5 days a week of work in you're doing something right.  Some how I'm pulling 3 day weekend shifts and still making good money.  Whatever school and training I had to go through I did it, so I can get paid.  Long story short, it worked.  Get your paycheck and go home.  No, you don't need to kill yourself for a Master's Degree or Doctorate.  It would be nice for someone like me to have such an opportunity, but I played the hand I was dealt.  $1000 a biweekly paycheck is really good for me.  Yes, it's real and not covered in someone else's lies and false promises.  The money is there and that's a fact.  Should you tell me something like go back to school and you can be making $2000 a week!  I would think you're full of shit, and you have absolutely no idea what it's like to be a normal, regular person trying to survive.  Well, whatever happens all you need to do is wake up early, get your gear on, and work really hard.  Maximize your rest time with plenty of sleep and be sure to eat healthy.

Thank you all for reading!  I hope to enjoy these up coming days off.    

No comments:

Post a Comment