Sunday, January 31, 2016

To Love or Not to Love The Grind


Yes, it's Sunday and this is the last time I'll be posting before I start my routine shift next week.  I know a lot of you hate your jobs.  To some extent we all hate our jobs.  For me, I've always known deep inside that something has to be horribly wrong for anyone to be responsible for something important enough for you to be actually paid.  For example, going to a strip club or having sex with a beautiful woman is everything a man is more than willing to do for free.  Hell, men go to strip clubs and pay for prostitutes thousands of dollars all the time.  Why not have the very same mentality or enthusiasm going to work?  Why do we all have this grumbling, sick feeling of having to work?  Why don't we just instinctively love diving into work as though we're about to have sex?  Perhaps if we were tricked into believing work is the joy and freedom of life as kids, we'd probably be more zealous and happy with our working lives.  With all seriousness, I'm trying to change my attitude and actually work on loving my job by changing my emotional state of mind and internal feelings.  No, it's not easy.  Can you imagine going into a nursing home and seeing old, sick people?  Do you think anyone sane would find enjoyment in a healthcare setting?  It's a difficult place and time to be no matter who the hell you are.  I wish these poor old people could be young and healthy again but that's not happening anytime soon.  Death is just around the corner and everyone knows it's coming.  It's hard to be happy and joyful in such work settings.  Sometimes I just think about what I'm going to be eating for lunch.  No, I just don't go out and eat boring meals.  I want to eat something that will make me happy and melt away all the stress involved working in healthcare.  Old, sick people is not fun but that's where the jobs are.  The very same people are providing jobs for you.  No man is an island.  Businesses are nothing without their customers.  Teachers are nobodies without their students.  Doctors and nurses are no one without their patients.  Such is this way of life.  I believe we have some degree of control over our mood, attitude, and mindset.  We can change for the better.  The people we take care of for business purposes are who they are going to be, but we can change.  We're the ones who can change.  We're the ones in control.  We are the ones who can change our attitudes.  We are the ones in power.  It's such a fundamental concept, but having a positive outlook and attitude towards one's work schedule is so very important.  If you hate your job, start and try to love your job.  There's not going to be much or any other way around it but to change your attitude and mindset.  Start loving what you do no matter what the hell it is.  They say "love the grind", but how can anyone love washing the dishes, cleaning toilets, vacuuming the house, or help bathing old people.  If you try hard enough, you'll be able to start loving what you do.  You'll feel the sweat and the tears that drop from your eyes.  That is when you know you've changed and that you're passionate about what you are doing.      

I can continue about a lot of bull tonight, but I want to pinpoint what a lot of us really need and that is to "love the grind".  You must love your job.  Yes, I completely agree that most of us hate our jobs; but we have the power to change our mindset, our attitudes, and our emotions to love what we do.  No, it's not going to be easy.  No, you cannot just turn the television on and rest on the couch.  You need to really be in the zone.  You need to be working and connected through your spirit until sweat drips down your forehead and tears drop from your eyes.  Then, and only then, will you ever understand what it means to be passionate and to love what you do.  Don't believe me?  Sleep on the couch and don't work.  Go ahead and watch television all day and play video games.  I hope it works out for you.  It sounds like a sweet life.  But for most of us, we do need to step outside of the house and actually work.

Although loving the grind is one method, another method is to just not care.  You do a half assed job, go on as many lunch breaks as possible, and go home at the end of the day.  Both methods will get you home at the end of the day.  No one method is right or wrong.  They both work.  Having a combination of the two is great.  In an ideal world, I would love to actually love what I'm doing as a job but sometimes I feel much too tired and don't care whatsoever.  Sometimes I care with a passion and love what I do, and sometimes I really just don't give a flying f*ck.  Both methods work and sometimes it just requires a combination of both to survive.  To be great, you must always love what you do.  Unfortunately, I'm just trying to pay child support at the end of the month and both methods are utilized just for bare necessity survival.  Of course I just wish for more money but that's not how it works!  Don't you think I want my paycheck to say I'm earning more money!?  Who doesn't want that!?  Play the scratch off lottery?  Start a functional youtube channel?  One of these days, I'm going to try!  I'm going to keep positing for the hell of it.  With all that said and done, I'm planning to go back to work tomorrow Monday just like everyone else.

Of course I just wish for more money but that's not how it works!

Thank you for stopping by and reading!  I hope to post for you next time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment