Saturday, April 23, 2016

Weekend Mornings

I would like to believe in a world that doesn't have to work on the weekend unless you have to.  I sure as hell know I don't want to work on the weekends.  No one wants to work, but they do it for that biweekly paycheck.  Blessed is the one who actually wants to work despite of their economic wealth and/or power.  I guess you should get to the point where working actually feels like fun and your more than happy to do the job.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure if it's inside any of us.  To feel radiant joy while working as though you just won the lottery is like a diamond in the rough.  If that was the case it wouldn't be called work.  If working brought people the happiness and fulfillment in life it may actually be called something else like a vacation or retirement.  We are here to work.  We are here to get things done.  You've have heard it over and over again.  The two parallel dimensions where you are to become a star and achieve your own success, or work for some big company that no one will ever give two sh*ts about you but you give you that steady biweekly paycheck.  It is argued that all you really need is to get those  x amounts of days off every week and it's somehow fair.  You can do whatever you want on your time off, but when you have to go back to work you have to face the music.  If I earned $200 everyday off of internet popup ads and random commercial sponsors, I probably wouldn't need a day job.  But let's face it, we all need to work.  It takes star power for people to be clicking on your popup ads.  If your product is really that good or worth a look, random people will take interest in it.  If your product is sh*t, you won't be getting enough clicks to feed yourself.  Get a computer science degree?  Get a math degree?  Get an engineering degree?  All those cost money.  Making money takes effort and time.  It's always about pushing through the week and churning out the butter.  We are all cogs in the machine.  It is argued that there is much value and appreciation to the rat race we all find ourselves in.  Perhaps people find something they like doing, staying out of trouble, making a living, being able to feed their family, ect.  

This cycle keeps going on for years until I start doing something different, something else like thinking outside of the box; but what if this is my limit?  What if I can't perform anymore than what I'm already doing now?  Why isn't a biweekly paycheck ever enough?  Why must we keep on going trying to exploit the system and keep churning that butter?  Yes, I'm interested in churning out more butter and making more bacon and egg.  I don't argue that I'm greedy as hell just like big industrial companies, but I'm not willing to go the extra mile and do the work for it.  Like all things, it takes a lot of time and effort from different people and organizations other than yourself.  In business, it's not just yourself you are dealing with it's other people.  It's always like I just go back to where I started from.  I'm not sure this is either a good thing or a bad thing.  You need a product and you need someone buying it, not to mention marketing efforts.  Is this what your customers want?  Is that what your customers want?  What is your target audience?  Who is your product for?  These are just some of the many important, basic questions you'll need to grasp before moving to the next step.  Yes, it takes a lot of time and effort like everything else we try and do.  Only a few percentage of businesses ever survive beyond the first year.  A lot of business and people who start their own gig loose their place real fast to rising rent costs, building maintenance costs, lack of revenue etc.  So you really need to know who your customers are.  You might be able to spray and prey and attract all kinds of random customers if you're lucky.  Most of the time, you really need a target audience or it'll be like throwing money out of the window.  

The morning is almost over, and I've accomplished nothing.  This is all the time I get.  There's only 1 Saturday morning every week.  It's a special time, but I never do anything.  I guess this is just who I am.  I guess this is all I'm worth.  Doing nothing on Saturday mornings is my thing.  Wishing and dreaming about doing things on a Saturday mornings is my thing.  Why not just create a cheesy video about it?  When else would I have time to be doing anything.  You have to do it sometime!  You can't just keep dreaming and hoping for the best sitting on your ass!  Who knows what next Saturday will bring?  It's just that everyday kind of thing we all keep doing, nothing.  I sure hopes one of us gets something more than nothing accomplished.  I will be waiting for myself to get to that point or maybe my biweekly paycheck is more than enough to satisfy my taste for living a life and fulfilling my dreams.

Thank you for reading!  I hope to see you next time.  

                

No comments:

Post a Comment