Saturday, April 30, 2016

Back to the Drawing Board





Yes, I am in search of my own business once again.  Let's cut to the chase.  Life is hard enough as it already is, and I need a business model that actually works.  The rules are simple:  No spending thousands of dollars on some school.  To keep it short, I'm going to spend more time making and editing my video footage.  I understand I will never make it anywhere I want to be at if I just keep listening to what everyone else says.  No one wants me to be a famous author, movie producer, or anything for that matter.  The most anyone else wants for me is to just have a normal 9-5 job.  Well, I have news for you.  I don't want to be like everyone else.  I will not get famous or get rich overnight.  Hell, I probably won't even get more than 1000 views, but I am learning more about filming and editing.  I welcome you to the first stage of my development.  No one really cares how hard it is when you first start out.  People just want whatever the product is.  They have no idea of the backstage, rehearsal, or the training that is involved in making something great.  Whatever it is that is produced probably took a lot of time and effort no matter how big or small.  Give credit where it is do.  Persistence is trying a million times and failing, but you still keep on trying.  Learning from your mistakes and failures is the best teacher you'll ever find.  Audience and subscribers come and go, but you'll keep on learning.    

The most views I've gotten so far was for my toy/hobby shop.  Guess what the pros do?  They double down on what works!  So the philosophy and how hard you have to work to make it in life is absolute garbage.  People don't want to know about my bullsh*t about keeping up with the Kardashians.  People don't want to know about my "How to" videos.  People don't want me informing them about random life hacks.  People don't want me to show them exercise videos.  My audience is dumb.  They just want me to review some Hasbro toy.  People want to be entertained, not informed.  Do you think it's funny for me to introduce you to a physics or calculus class on your free time!?  No, math and science is BORING.  People are watching your youtube videos for funnies and entertainment!  Unless you're Bill Nye the Science Guy or Peewee Herman, you're not going to be attracting no one.  You really need to step up your game and create a character for yourself.  You can't just go all in on the fact that you're "some guy".  Cat videos are a great example of how the law of attraction works.  The most dumbest things out there are just for the soul purpose of bringing  pure entertainment and joy to the audience.  Half the time, they don't' care about being informed, educated, or learn new ways of making money.  The audience just wants to be entertained!  A lot of people are just going to say "whatever" to what you're trying to say.  Instead, try and show them "the product".  They maybe interested in buying something.  Guess what?  That's all!  They just want to buy something, so now you can be as informative as to what they're interested in buying!  You get in and get out!  Do not waste the customer's time!

I kid you not.  These people will not give a crap unless it's cute, funny, or just dumb as all hell.  You want page views right?  You want audience right!?  You want sales right!  It has to be entertaining!  It has to be something people are interested in buying.  The picture has to make sense to them.  If it doesn't make any sense whatsoever, your best bet is cat videos or Kim Kardashian's big booty.  I don't have all the time and energy in the world.  I have to act fast.  I have to act now.  If I don't do these things now, guess what?  I just end up back where I started from.  Judging my my youtube statistics, I have a lot of work to catch up!  Those kidz of mine are going to be starving!  I'm making $0.  Yes, I'm a college graduate of Rutgers, a state funded school of Ivy League status.  No, it doesn't benefit me at all that I graduated college in terms of making bunk.  If you guys keep thinking that college will do you justice, it doesn't.  The proof is here.  I'm the product of this whole "you need to go to college" generation.  What you really need is strong interest and passion for a particular field, beyond that is talent.  Don't fall into the whole "you need to go to college" trap.  School is not for everyone.  What else can I say?  I know life is tough.  I know I can't get those views if I don't try harder.  I know I'll just stagnate and be the same if I don't continue learning or try new things.  I know I need to keep posting and producing more original content.  If I don't do anything for myself, who else will?

Thanks for reading!  I hope to see you next time.  I sure as hell hope I'll talk less and do more by that time!

  


No comments:

Post a Comment