Saturday, April 16, 2016

Free Guest Pass

Well, I made it to the new gym.  I did the research before hand and came out with a free guest pass for 3 days.  Surprisingly, they didn't have a super team of salesmen trying to ram bills up my ass the moment they signed me in.  No, I didn't have to do anything ridiculous.  No, I didn't pay money.  All I had to do was talk to the lady at the front desk for a brief moment.  As long as they scanned my guest pass and present my driver's idea, everything was fine.  Yes, the gym was brand new.  They did have a pool, hot tub, and even sauna,  It was nice and big.  They even provide you with lockers.  No, they don't have towels, mouth wash, bags, cleaning wipes, or any extras.  There are no extra freebies.  The treadmills and bikes all have their own individual televisions.  They have a wide range of equipment, free weights, machines, medicine balls, and just about everything else.  It's clean, it big, and it's new.  For  the $100 signup fee and $30 a month, it's not that bad.  Like all gyms, they probably won't stop billing you even if you quit.  There have been thousands of cases where they don't let you go without paying extra.  Yes, it's a pain in the ass.  Big corporations don't anything else except making money.  It's like this in all gyms so be advised.  If you signup, they will want your money even after you quit.

I had a great experience.  It was nice taking my time and doing my thing at the gym.  I got to workout my arms, back, shoulders, abs, chest, legs, quads, wrists, biceps, calves, etc.  I even got to swim and use the hot tub.  The point is that I got to do whatever I wanted with my weekend time off from work.  I didn't have to deal with people bothering me to get things done or whatever.  Unfortunately, I'm not much of a people person.  Not everyone is a beautiful girl out there.  In fact, a lot of people are not even about the look.  Therefore it's all about the ability to communicate.  If you can't get the word out or express yourself within the means of other peoples' tolerance level, you're going to run into conflict.  I don't want no conflict or crazy shit going on most of the time.  Sometimes it's best just to keep quiet and do your own thing to get your money's worth.

You can do whatever you want at the gym, but what is important is the recovery period.  You need to get your protein in!  Instead of getting something cheap at the local buffet or ShopRite, I drove straight to the nearest Chipotle.  I order the salad bowl with 2 wraps on the side, chicken, and guacamole to max out my money's worth.  Yes, you can get 2 wraps with a salad bowl!  You get the best of both worlds!  You don't just get the wrap; you get the salad too!  Well, the total comes out around $10; depending on if you want the chips.  The company has faced charges in the past but that doesn't stop me.  They advertise quality food without the use of chemicals and how organic their food is.  I trust them to some degree, but all corporations are evil to some extent.  None the less, I'm happy with the value I get from a $10 meal as opposed to feeling bloated and fat after a cheap, Chinese American buffet.

So as an experienced homeless would I be paying this gym membership?  Well, I have a "free" gym I that's right down my townhouse complex right now.   I felt that I wasn't on top of my game and that the gym is just equipment.  You really need the person behind it.  You need the mentality.  You need the experience.  You need the leadership skills.  It has very little or nothing to do about the gym itself.  It's about investing yourself.

So tired, I'm going to bed.  I don't know if I'll wake up.

Thank you for reading!  Come next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment