Thursday, November 5, 2015

Buffet Time

Well, welcome to my travels of eating.  Today, I have selected to go to an all-you-can eat Indian cuisine buffet.  It's about $11 from 11:30AM-2:00PM.  In a nut shell it's like pizza, it's only good if you're hungry.  I went in there and started to engorge myself like an animal.  I ate plate after plate.  I attacked the protein dishes head on.  I didn't want to load up on cheap carbs.  It was delicious; it was wonderful.  They even had a television with Bollywood on.  It was fun until the food started soaking in.  As I started getting full, I realized that I was in for more than I bargained for.  My savage eating habits lead me astray to a tummy ache.  My gorging had left me with a stomach ache.  I ate too much!

I was a bit worried after paying and walking out.  I took two different dumps and went to the bathroom frequently to detoxify myself.  I should have stopped after my second plate, but I just kept going.  It left a horrible after taste!  I couldn't believe how bad I felt after leaving the buffet.  I thought all that protein and curry would leave me being happy.  Unfortunately, I felt like a truck ran over me and needed to call an ambulance for food poison.  I was imagining the doctors having to use a pump to get this toxic food out of me.  When I burped, I felt the burning sensation of all the spices and curry used in the sauce.  In no way, shape, or form felt healthy.  With a bloated stomach, I just dragged myself to walk around the mall complex.  I pretended to shop around for chairs and couches, but I was really just trying to find a safe place to rest.  All that Indian food left me in shambles.  It wasn't until a good hour or two that I felt like I could get myself back up and walk normally.  Wow, it wasn't a good experience at all.  Now, I know not to overeat all the time!?  Other factors could have contributed like eating too fast, being overwhelmed with all the choices, trying to get my monies worth, and loading up on protein.  I learned a very important lesson:  Everything in moderation.  Trying to load up on something in a short amount of time and trying to take advantage of the system usually ends up in bad results.  Things are best done over a long time at a steady pace to establish balance.  

Wow, I'm not going back there again.  Next week, I might try a sushi buffet.  I hope I don't fall into the same trap hole.  I sure don't want to do that again.  I don't want to be left with a horrible after taste or worry about having to catch an ambulance for food poising.  Well, today is still another one of my days off.  I'm going to venture out to the stores and buy some stuff to fix up my place.  I hope to maximize the best use of my coupons.  I have to be enjoying life and doing things I like as opposed to drift around and complain about things I can't change.   

Thank you for reading!  I hope to post next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment