Monday, January 5, 2015

A New Day

Yes, I made it though the weekend.  There's not much going on here as expected.  Just a random visiting a friend, a wild snow storm, staying over the night, watching movies, and having random fun.  Whatever I do on the weekends is up in the air.  All I need is some cash to spend on some food and transportation, and I'm good to go.  None the less, the weekend was full of fun.

Regardless, it's Monday morning.  I believe this will be the last Monday I have off until another big holiday calendar event.  Must I always think about having to work and slave away my life?  As humans, we always have to think two steps ahead.  Life just doesn't end after the weekend is over.  There is work that still needs to be done, but why not have fun with it?  Gross, I have to go to school next week starting on my birthday.  Well, I guess I always wanted a job.  That sure came back and bit me in the ass.  Having to go to school on your birthday and on the first day of the semester is not cool.  That's like having to go to work on your birthday.  Well, I'm sure as hell not going to take things seriously that day.  Life is too short to be strapped down to a shit hole of a job.

Yes, the reality is bleak and daunting but what do I really want that makes me happy?  What I really want is to be in a job and/or career that doesn't suck.  I want to be passionate and motivated about the work I'm doing.  I want to like my job.  I want to like my customers.  I don't want to feel the hatred or the boredom of having to take care of a business.  As one can see, having the right attitude and emotional intelligence is key to succeeding.  What are the obstacles?  Why can't everyone be happy?  Well, no matter what there's always a "Debbie Downer" lurking around.  These types personalities float in and out of people like a ghost in the night.  They drain you of energy and make you disappointed about life.  They will constantly feed off of your disappoint, frustration, and/or anxiety.  They know exactly what to say, what to do, and how to move just to be able to drain you.  Don't believe me?  Go to any job that deals with customer service, and you'll quickly pick up on it.  It can be anyone one; that's why it's so terrifying.  All the sudden you can find out your "friend" is among one of several thousands of them that inhabit this planet.  Regardless of the negative atmosphere one might bring, it's your job to be whoever you want to be.  Only you are in control of yourself.  Yes, there are potential, evil sales people who will try to sell you just about anything; but they're just trying to survive as well.

Whatever bullshit is out there, I want to be able to graduate my radiology program.  I only have until this summer to go.  That's a total of 2 more semesters of hell, and then I'm out to the real world.  $21 an hour, $25 an hour, $32 an hour, all the way up to $50 an hour I've heard x-ray techs make.  Is it all about making money?  Nope, I just want to be in a job that I can't withstand.  All the yelling, screaming, and craziness has to be kept at a minimum for me to be able to withstand the job.  Being a x-ray tech is somewhere in between all the craziness, but I think I can manage if I try hard enough.
So that's my priority for this year of 2015:  Graduate from my radiology program without getting into any side dramas.

With all that said and done, I'm now going to go to my gym and complete one of my workouts.  I need to get myself fit and relaxed.  I just need a time during the day to get the exercise going.  It makes me feel productive and both mentally and physically sound.    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment