Saturday, February 21, 2015

Just Another Day in the Life of a Homeless

Happy Chinese New Year!

Well, this sure as hell doesn't feel like when I was 5.  As an adult, I should be the one passing out red envelops to kids.  I mean what the f*ck happened?  I graduated school and even college with a bachelor's degree.  Why am I still such a homeless?  Apparently, school was never enough.  Much like a prison, you just spend your life in some stupid institution until you get out.  Where are all the valuable connections?  Where is all the networking?  Long story short, you need to send your kids to the top schools.  All the tops schools have one thing in common:  Top schools that get kids jobs cost a lot of money.  There you have it:  YOU NEED MONEY.

Realizing that I'm screwed, where do I turn to?  I'm already on unemployment and going back to school on tuition waiver for radiography.  No, there's no money in hell for me to be the doctor reading the x-ray; I just take them.  As time goes on, I don't see much of a future for myself.  I don't see anything groundbreaking or new.  From here, everything is mostly about pure survival.  Yup, I'm just trying to survive.

So to step up my game, I need to pass the registration and licensing process for x-ray school.  To make matters worse, the teachers put us in the worse hospitals conceivable.  I mean hospitals are scary enough as it already is, but these take the cake.  No, it's not easy.  You need to deal with people, politics, patients, and problems.  Sometimes, I just want to give up and go back to working retail.  Worse of all, they don't pay us for interning at the ghetto hospital(s).  It's depressing.  The nursing students have an even harder time trying to pass their workload.  Surprisingly, x-ray school is suppose to be easy in comparison to nursing school.  If that's the case, I'm never going to be a male nurse.  Transporter, now that's a job they'll pay for you with no education required.  Quite frankly, I don't even want the education anymore.  I'm done.  I already know that I just forget everything.  You study, you pass all the crazy tests the teachers throw at you, and then you get to hang some degree on your wall.  I get it; it's not impressive whatsoever.  I just want to work.  I don't care about anymore paper work.  I need the paycheck.  I can use the money for food.  I want to spend money on some lunch so I can take care of myself.  Is that too much to ask?  Must I go through another six years of school, so I can earn something barely over minimum wage?  This is just another rat race ready to explode if not already in the process of taking another lap in its infinite circuitry.

There's no miracle. It's just work hard 5 days a week.  That's your miracle, work hard.  I don't want to hear no crazy registration fee for school again.  Just get a God damn job already.  Just apply and work hard.  It doesn't matter if you're in school or not.  Just work.  Hard work is hard work.  No matter what, they'll pay you if you work.  School is full of too much bull.  As long as you work hard at whatever you do, you'll be satisfied with whatever you earn.




No comments:

Post a Comment