Thursday, April 4, 2019

The Everyone Else Syndrome

Oy vey, the insurance lady tried to put a hold on me to get into the life insurance sales gig.  I don't know about you, but this life insurance business is big in New Jersey.  Unfortunately, I'm probably not the right guy to be selling people life insurance.  First of all, I don't believe in it enough to sell it to people.  What are the chances of someone buying life insurance from me?  It sounds kind of weird doesn't it?  The thought of me having to actually introduce myself to a random stranger and sell them something like life insurance is so alienating.  It's as though I'm just another tool of a larger organization.  Second of all, I don't believe I can find and/or collaborate a team of confident salesmen to be selling life insurance.  Who the hell is interested in selling life insurance unless they were in some kind of Nazi internment camp and their life was dependent on it?  Lastly, I'm not that outgoing.  Someone is probably just going to say no and in an instant I don't care to go any further with it anymore.  Real sales people don't care if someone says no.  They just keep going and moving on to their next victim.  You can go push out this life insurance sales agenda all you want, I can really care less.  If it involves me having to cold call or talk to someone I just met and try to convince them to buy something from me, it's probably not going to workout well. 

Wow, someone is making a million dollars this year!  Guess what they didn't tell you!?  It's 99.99% of the time probably not you!  It's someone else who is not you getting rich!  It's hard enough for me to wake up out of bed, let alone initiating a conversation with someone I'm not fond with and having them buy a life insurance policy from me.  Any ways, this insurance lady was trying to entice me with big stories of other insurance sales people with huge swings and gains.  Having two private jets, huh?  What is it to me?  Owning two private jets doesn't really mean much to me.  I'm sure there are tons of millionaires out there who are selfish and self serving as all Hell.  What does any of this have to do with me?  I've been poor my whole life.  What will owning a private jet do for me?  I don't even have a license to fly.  I don't even have the money to hire a pilot.  Do you know how much God damn paper work I'd have go through to have my own private jet in running condition?  Why don't I just go buy a God damn plane ticket from United Airlines like a normal person.  There's just a huge disconnect between getting me to be a life insurances salesmen.

I am not an insurance salesmen nor can I miraculously assemble a functioning team whom is competent enough to sell life insurance at an economically sustainable level.  I'd rather just work at Costco as a boring cashier for $15 for the next ten years or if I die of stroke from boredom.  Well, that's my two cents for the day.  I was given an opportunity to step up my game to not only help myself but to help others buy life insurance.  So this is it, huh?  Sorry, but it just doesn't interest me.  You can give me 1000 hours of free life insurance salesmen educational hours and an official license; and I still wouldn't see the light of day with it.  In other words, it's useless to me.  It's not what you know, it's who you know.  I mean, who the hell is going to sit down with me and talk about buying a God damn life insurance policy?  Are you mad?  Do you know who I am?  Don't you know how lazy I am?  Do you know how much I don't care?  Hey, I'm just telling you all the God's honest truth so no one gets lead on or hurt by my lack of communication.  I told you fare and square.  I don't want to pretend that I care about your business.  I am an asshole.  You can't convert me to be a life insurance salesmen.  Amen the end.

Thank you visiting.  I've been having 1 visitor thus far in the past week since my revival.  I would like to give a special shout out to that one viewer I have.  Thank you!  You're the reason why my blog still exists!   I hope to see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment