Friday, January 6, 2017

THE WEEKEND OFF! DON'T REPEAT THE SAME MISTAKES!

Yes, I have off work today and the rest of the weekend.  I feel alive not to have to jet off to work in the morning and grind all day for very little or no pay.  All day?  Yes, from morning to night I have to run around in the rat race.  You thought eight hours was bad, try twelve hours or even fourteen hours.  Of all seriousness, I get it.  WE HAVE TO WORK, but what about the few of us who don't have to run around and work a job we hate?  How can I obtain a job I don't hate?  How do I love the job I have now?  Is my goal and my dreams of not having a job I hate obtainable?  Do I really need the extra, added income from taking on a job I dislike?  Where do I go to find a job that I'll love?  Does such a reality exist where I can generate a constant flow of income, all the while not hating on what I'm actually doing or how much time I'm putting into it?  I believe working a job and making money is synonymous with hating what you're doing, unless it's your own company and you have tons of money to hire all the underlings to do the grunt work for you.  For the vast majority of us, we have to work jobs we hate just to get by.  This is why I am writing this article.  No, it's not about rich people; it's never about inheriting money from your family and jetting off to vacation land.

If I can recall, my Monday - Thursday shift was hell.  I start work at 10AM-11PM at night, 13 hours of nonstop driving, parking, unpacking a 180 lbs. portable x-ray machine, dragging it inside of 8-11 different nursing homes a day, having to talk to the nurses, filling out the paper work, meeting the patient, taking the pictures, being exposed to hazardous radiation, and trying to get the hell out of there, rinse and repeat.  Guess what?  Next week I have to go through the whole entire process of hell on wheels again.  No matter what job it is, they want you to work!  Maybe, being a life guard is the only way out of this hole.  I mean all you have to do is watch a pool.  Unfortunately, I too have heard complaints from life guards saying how they hate pools, the people who frequent them, having to clean them, having to yell at parents to take care of their kids, etc.  Being a pool manager isn't so great either as they were making them monitor and being responsible for 9 different pool sites.  You don't see the work they put in as they have to drive to all these different places all day.  Long story short, every job you can humanly obtain of has its hell runs.

I get it, invest your hard earned money into Vanguard ETFs and mutual funds.  Much like how they take out taxes automatically from every paycheck, all I have to do is take out a chunk and put it into Vanguard funds.  I've narrowed it down to investing my money into entire sectors as opposed to "growth" or "value".  Although the risk remains, I don't want just 8% return every year; I want the potential of 20% annual return!  Basically, you just decide DIVERSIFY through the top sectors, such as financials, energy, IT, and materials.  In a few winks of an eye, you'll be setup with a professional portfolio with minimum risk and huge potential for gains.  No, I'm not joking.  This is actually for real.    

     
BOOM!  So don't look so depressed about working the grind Monday, there's something out there that's FOR YOU.  Not everyone wants you to feel like some tool, a cog in the machine.  You need mentors.  You need knowledge.  You need experience.  For me, this is it!  This is what I've been looking for.  I've always wanted a passive, money generating machine without having to do all the grunt work and this is as close as it gets.  The secret sauce is COMPOUND INTEREST.  Year after year, we work the grind; so does compound interest!  If you invest and reinvest your money in what works, sooner or later you'll find some good returns.  Don't worry about risk or getting burned, this is VANGUARD we're talking about.  The portfolios are well diversified to the point that risk is very minimal.  In any event, this is something that I can actually do.  I don't feel as limited as being stuck in a job I hate.  This is definitely something that is establish that's well worth looking into.    

Well, I got to enjoy my weekend off now.  Monday is coming.

Thank you for reading!  I hope to see you next time!
      

No comments:

Post a Comment