Monday, September 17, 2018

The First Day of Class

Yup, I'm 33 and I'm going back to school for the first time in along time since forever. I sound like a kid again. God forbid, I have an ego and too cocky to learn. So what great purpose do I have a need to go back to school for?  Why would anyone care? Most importantly, why would someone like me care? Well, I am going back to school for CT technologist. I do not want to get into the whole politics behind it all.  There's a lot of background information and financial stuff going on, but none the less my education is being paid for by another party other than myself. I guess you can call it a "free ride". But as you all know, there's no such thing as a free lunch. So, I have to follow a ton of rules, regulations, and guidelines to keep my funding going. As long as I behave myself, listen, and follow their instructions, I can reach my goal of becoming a CT tech.

Aside from anyone giving a damn, I am doing something great for myself. Yes, I do feel fear; I do feel shaken, and I do feel like I have ants in my pants. Nothing worth obtaining in life is easy for anyone. Not only is this program good for me, it's a mutual benefit throughout the community. As a CT tech, I get to take care of people who need help. Again, I don't want to get into the nasty side of the politics of things which is inevitable and in every facet of humanity; but ultimately I am serving others and/or helping people. Yes, I am serving others; I will be compensated for my efforts.

A lot of shit will happen and will be said, but the main point is that I'm going back to school to ultimately serve others. I have agreed to this and signed the paper work. My school is being paid for by them. So this is my life. This is where my life continues. This is the path I have chosen. Yes, I'm afraid. Yes, I have to take the time out of the day and go out of my way to study, read, and learn! Learning how to be someone takes a lot of effort.  I do not wish to be disturbed or distracted by other worldly things at the moment. I know better now. Whatever it is that motivates me or will help me achieve my goal, I will do. No, I never said anything was going to be easy. In fact, my first class will start today at 6PM - 9PM. I have no time to waste. I need to get shit done.

Thank you for stopping by. I hope to keep up with my writing. I hope to study and learn. I hope to grow with everyone around me. One day, I will get back on my feet. Someday . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment