Saturday, September 22, 2018

The Enemy is Laziness

In life, who is your real enemy? For me, it's laziness. Forget about everyone else or who makes you mad, it's laziness. Laziness is embedded deep inside all of us. We are constantly distracted by everything else around us whether it be new technology, people, music, the weather outside, or whatever the hell it is. If you can persevere and overcome your own laziness and tune out all other distractions, you are good to go to completing your goal(s). My goal is simply to become a CAT SCAN TECHNOLOGIST. My classes are being paid for and there's very little else I have to worry about at the moment, except doing the actual work and reading required for the class. Yes, doing the actual work and picking up a book is hard. Sometimes, I have to resort to listening to the lectures I record or go on youtube just to get my feet wet. Everyday, it's a challenge. Trying to read an educational book is not easy. Perhaps, it's not in my honest opinion and/or interest to pursue such a goal of mine but I MUST DO IT. Long story short, a CT technologist makes a lot more money than whatever the hell it is that I've been doing thus far in my life. There you go folks, all the motivation and reason I need to reach my goal - MAKE MORE MONEY!       

Why is money important to me? I'm super interested in investing, such as Vanguard ETFs. I invest in all sectors of the economy. Do I like working or getting my hands dirty everyday doing the grind? No, I don't like running around in the matrix like a fat hamster on a treadmill; but I like to invest in something that is bigger than myself. Yes, I like to contribute to companies that offer products and services to people. Again, I most likely don't like to do any of the dirty work myself; but I do like to invest in others who are not afraid of the grind. I would like to be a part of those bigger companies. I wish I could work hard and be a productive member of society, but since I don't have a real firm grasp in that arena, the best thing I can do is invest. Why not? Well, I don't have money to pay for all the overhead, no money for real estate, hiring employees cost way too much, the raw material to make whatever or wherever, marketing for potential customers, etc. Without a doubt, the laundry list of things I need to pay for business upkeep will most likely kill me. Even if I did have all  the money, I would still probably hire someone else to oversee my business operations and plans. Again with the laziness. If we translate everything to reality and see what I can actually do to make ends meet, the best I can do is become a cat scan technologist.  

If you factor everything in, the only thing stopping me from reaching my goals is myself. It is up to me to read that book. It is up to me to do that exercises. It is up to me to listen to that lecture another time until I understand the material. It is up to me to deliberately walk away from relationships or toxic people whom take away from my study time. It is up to me to exercise and make sure I don't get fat. It is up to me to speak up and ask questions. It is up to me to control my emotions. It is up to me if I want to remember new vocabulary words and/or jargon. I will not give my sovereignty to playing video games uncontrollably. Ultimately, I am responsible for reaching my goals in life. My goal is simply to become a cat scan technician, but we all know that nothing in life is worth having unless it takes a lot of work to get. I am not here to compare myself to anyone else. This is my own personal struggle to achieve what I want in life.   

Well, I hope someone out there learned something from my cautionary tail. Thank you for stopping by. I hope to see you next time!  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment