Saturday, May 12, 2018

Unemployed - The Continuation

It is now May, and I'm still collecting unemployment insurance.  The last time I reported in was March.  Yes, I have had the chunk of March, April, and May off and devoid of actual work thus far.  "What do you do all day!?" people exclaim to me, because seriously the average person does not know what on Earth to do with their time on the weekdays besides work!  I know it sounds weird, but not working on the weekday is a very strange and alien concept to the common person.  No, I do not just disappear to another dimension.  Other than to keep applying and interviewing for jobs, I've been continuing to go to the gym on a daily basis and attempt to hold onto whatever positive habits I have left in me.  With or without a job, you are vastly defined by your habits as a human being; which means you'd have to train and/or retrain if you want to adopt and internalize a new habit or whatever thing you want to do in life.  Old habits do not die.  Just because you don't work anymore or don't have a job doesn't mean all you do is just sleep and watch television on your couch all day.  To branch out and continue to grow as a human being, I need to be constantly putting myself under pressure,  learn new things, reading books, watching videos/tutorials, and/or consult with other people about stuff I'm interested in.  The consequences of stagnating in your own filth can be very detrimental to your very being to the point you are paralyzed by fear and/or trapped inside of your comfort zone.

Things to always be doing if you're not working:

  • Read books
  • Review for tests/exams
  • Go to the gym and exercise 
  • Keep up and maintain your side business/hustle
  • Attempt to reach outside your comfort zone
  • Network with people
In the end when you feel all tired and stringy, why do anything?  The simple answer is because you are not a robot nor an animal.  Having the potential ability of imagination, intuition, reasoning, logic, reading, writing, music, etc. makes you very unique and special.  Essentially, you are a creator.  Change starts from within.  Your thoughts begin with you.  Because you become your thoughts; it's vital and important that you have a positive outlook on life.  Positivity will attract positive outcomes, therefore there's no way around not being positive if you want good things to happen in your life.  So if it's not a question about the constant bombardment of money and time all the time, what remains is your emotional quotient.  To feel happy, you must be able to humble yourself, forgive yourself, be grateful and appreciative with what you have and/or achieved, and be thankful for whom you're around or who's in your life.  If you miss these basic key concepts in life, you'll always be running up an uphill,endless power structure dynamic.

In any event, I'm in the process of activating a grant from the government to go back to school for my Cat Scan school.  I just took the TABE test and will find out my results on Tuesday.  This adult standardized test consisting of basic math and reading questions will determine if I qualify or not.  Also, I've been trying to keep up to date with maintaining a health insurance plan with the health of an applied premium tax credit if your income is less than $51,000/year .  No, I don't qualify for Medicaid (annual income must be around $15,500 or less).  Well, that is my two cents for now.  Maybe, I'll post some footage later.  Yup, such is the life of a homeless. 

Thanks for dropping!  I hope to see you next time!     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment