Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Will I Always Be Poor? The Forever Poor is You!

So am I just going to be eternally engulfed in poverty?  Will I ever become rich?  With all crazy nonsense aside, the answer to that may heavily lie on investing.  Let's take this study on the left here:  You invest $1000 in 15 Fortune 500 companies in the year 2007, 10 years ago.  At the time, you don't know which companies will succeed in the distant future.  Because they are solid, established companies, you don't expect much risk or exponential growth for that matter because they have already reached a level maturity.  In any event, you have $15,000 to spare at the time and go ahead and start investing.  For me, I did not have $15,000; but I had about the same amount in student debt.  My thinking was probably offset and mislead by the false promises of an education at the time as well.  Have I just worked a minimum wage job at a local pharmacy, like I did at Walgreen after graduation anyways, I would of had a lot more saved up by now.  Long story short, that $15,000 investment would be $99, 291!  Has my $15,000 in student loans and college blessed me with such a minimum of such a whopping number!?  No, my Rutgers University college degree has done jack shit for me!  Who the hell cares about paying for college anymore when you have the stock market?  College is great for doctors, lawyers, engineers, and anyone else who really cares enough to the point they'll drown themselves in student loans/debt, but that is not me.  I'm more of a shrewd businessman who wants to do the least amount of work possible but still reap the rewards and benefits of investing.  I repeat I don't want $15,000 in student loans and a college degree, I want that $99,291!  What don't you people understand!  That money I invested in could have been used now to go back to college and go after a degree worth something like engineering, finance, or whatever the hell I wanted!  Now, I'm screwed.  Because I have the bachelor's degree, I don't even qualify for financial aid (FASA) anymore!  Don't you people get it?  It's all about industry, serving the industry, and making money!  Are there any other alternatives?  Are there better ways of doing things?  Yes, but as far as I know this is the best option I have at my disposal in terms of surviving.  "Go to college" my ass; "Make money" yes.  I cannot go back in time and change things, but I can do is to invest in these companies as of today.  With the internet and all these exchanges online, it's real easy.  If you've read my previous posts, this is what I've been doing with my biweekly paychecks.  I would like to live in a world where "Go to college" is the answer, but that is obviously not the case as jobs are always scarce and the competition is always plentiful.  Again, I do not want to reiterate how I don't want to sacrifice an arm and a leg to achieve greatness.  I'm perfectly fine being an investor.  If all I'm good at doing is investing than that's what I'm happy to be stuck with!


Just above is what I've been doing.  It's my own Vanguard ETF portfolio.  I'm invested in a wide range of diversified ETFs that expands through multiple levels of industry and sectors.  I started out with nothing and here I am not at $33,627.21.  This is not a get rich quick schemes.  I've been working a regular job, but the only thing I do differently is invest.  Beyond diversification is being an early on investor which takes a lot of guts and risk.  I use to be one of those people who just sit in the sidelines, don't want to take the risk ,or are just plain lazy.  Whatever you do, don't just sit in the sidelines and watch.  Watching the world pass you by is not fun.  Going to school and being told what to do is an archaic way of thinking and will not serve you well.  Seriously, it's all about industry.  Whether you do or you don't, I want to be rich.  I want to have money.  I don't want to be poor.  It's that simple!  At the same time, I don't like socializing and networking with other people as people tend to be very confusing with wording, emotions, rudeness, conflicting interests, being manipulative, rules, standards, having weird indoctrination rituals, etc.  Sometimes, you really need to bring a lawyer with you to understand how crazy and detailed some of these people potentially are.  It's not fun being around people who are way too God damn serious all the time where 1 decimal point mistake can turn them into an exploding asshole.  Well, I have 4 more days left off, and I need to go out and make the best of it!       

Thank you for reading!  I hope to post some sweet Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals for review!             

No comments:

Post a Comment