Sunday, March 22, 2015

The Unemployability Continues


So what does it take to get a job here?  Intelligence, strength, talent, skill, or all the above?  Well, it takes years of discipline.  If it's not about networking or having connections, it's about spending a large chunk of time in whatever you're drawn to.  There's no easy way.  There are no short cuts.  There is only persistence and moving forward.  There is no going back.  You cannot be paralyzed by fear.  Taking responsibility for your own actions is the key trait to many successful people.

So what's the problem?  Well, school feels like it's a living hell hole.  Interning at the hospital isn't so much fun either.  It's tough out there.  The money is hard to get for real.  I'm not kidding you, money is hard to acquire even if it's just enough for food.  No wonder why there's so many homeless and helpless people trying to mooch the hospital for "free" charity care.  Yes, we're the ones taking their x-rays and whatnot.  Thank God, I'm not a nurse.  Some of these people I've encountered are the definition of ghetto, but my main concern is getting myself work; not judging how messed up whoever is.  Unfortunately, the hospital is not making any money off of taking care of these poor souls.  One of the hospitals I've been interning at is actually closing down.  There are just too many homeless trying to bum off a free ride in the hospitals.  Some of them just pretend to be in need of emergency room care so they can bum off a free meal.  Yes, it's that bad.  A lot of them smell of death and rotting flesh.  Jesus Christ have mercy.  I try my best to wake up early, eat breakfast, shower, and prepare for the day in advanced every step of the way in a progressive manner, but I guess not everyone thinks the same way.  Given the resources would everyone take care of themselves properly and live a healthy lifestyle?  Judging by what I've seen, no.  Not everyone thinks alike.  There's a whole spectrum of diversity.  Some choose to be healthy and others don't even bother to shower for 10 years.  Life is a choice, but we all live on the same planet.  Sure, I want everyone to be benevolent and excellent towards each other and the environment but does that ever happen?   Of course not, you see violence and hate in  America all the time.

I'm just here trying to get a job which seems almost impossible, but I keep trying.  Am I not doing enough with what I have?   I guess when I'm ready to "graduate" I will reach out and find a job that doesn't suck.  I have yet to apply myself in the real world.  Maybe one day, I will be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment