Wednesday, December 13, 2017

A New Fail - Setting Up Shopify


Well, what's wrong with trying to add Shopify into your daily arsenal of passive income?  First, Shopify is an active sport.  Believe it or not you actually have to put your time and effort to do something for it to work.  Although this may appear to just be down right easy, it isn't!  You have to do your own marketing and reach out to people for potential customers just like with any other REAL JOB!  Is it ever THAT EASY just trying to convince people to start buying random things off your website?  If you know the right people, the right products to sell, how to network, and land a sale here and there you'll be good.  But as I've discussed earlier in my blogs, I try to avoid people and just do my own thing.  If you suck with networking and people, the next best thing to do is pay for Google Adwords and/or Face advertisements.  I would not plan on paying for anything unless I was confident, passionate, and exited about the products I'm selling.  The truth is I don't want to endorse anything "Made in China".  They're cheaply made and downright abuse the employees with shitty pay but that's how they can survive.  I also don't really have a theme of my own.  Would I really like to sell exercise equipment, coffee mugs, t-shirts, and all this other random "Made in China" crap?  The simple answer to that is NO!  

As long as I don't feel like selling something I'm not into, I don't want to do it.  There's a story about how someone created a page "Owls" on Facebook; and all they do is sell crap on it with cheesy pictures and posts of random owls.  I'm just not willing to utilize my time and effort to promote something I'm not really interested in or would spend money on.  If creating a random cat page, promoting sales, and having to continually monitor and post things to get people to buy stuff is the only way to see a paycheck at the end of the week, I probably wouldn't do it just because I'm not interested and that's really not my thing to be doing.  If you are into that kind of stuff, sure; but that's not me.

As you can see, my setting up my Shopify store experience was a complete fail.  I also don't want to pay the $29.99/month.  I sure as Hell don't want to pay for Google Adwords nor Facebook advertisement to sell my shitty "Made in China" products.  Shopify is just not for me.  If I was capable of pulling it off by myself I would; but obviously I can't execute it without running into some major problems in the long run.  For example, what if my website sucks?  What if I don't have any customers?  If no body buys any of my "Made in China" shit, I'm done for.  If I continue to pay for Google Adwords and Facebook advertisement, I'll probably get a sale somewhere down the road; but I'll also end up hating myself for selling some poor kid an overpriced cat t-shirt that was inadequately made and shipped from China.  I believe I can better invest my time and money elsewhere doing something else I'm more comfortable with.

Thank you for stopping by and coming!  I hope to blog some more!       

No comments:

Post a Comment