Sunday, September 7, 2014

Hospital Work Tomorrow

It's Sunday night, and I have time to post.  Well, I did "everything" I wanted over the weekend like working out, swimming, walking, homework, and even walking around the city.  I'm accustomed to the life style.  I basically know what's going on kind of a feel.  My body is use to all the routine.  I've gotten better over the week.  I'm less sick and can walk comfortably now.  Well, it's been a full week of school so far.  I've been surviving going to class and interning at the hospital.  I prey that I can keep it up.  I'm looking forward to doing my best and not being afraid to fail trying new things.

I don't get a kick out of working at the hospital.  It's hard for me to believe my clinical instructor told me she gets a high from taking on trauma cases.  Yes, people get hurt or sick and my instructor gets off on taking their case to take x-rays.  I don't understand the full extent to how anyone can be so into taking x-rays or doing any kind of work, especially at a hospital where people are sick or seriously hurt.  Well, I do like working with some patients.  Most of the time I have to see people no one likes.  I won't go into the details, but it's just like working retail at a grocery store.  Basically, you get that feeling like everyone you hate looking at has to talk to you.  My only defense system is try to be happy and think about more positive things.  I don't think anyone wants to be there at the hospital, but people have kids to feed, paychecks to collect, and bills to take care of.

My tuition costs less than $300 this semester so I have something to be thankful for.  Education these days is seriously expensive, and I cannot afford to miss any opportunities.  Yes, it's a God awful experience to work at a hospital, but I was given a chance that a lot of people don't get in life.  I appreciate the simple things.  Of course we all want the money to buy nice things and dream vacations, but sacrifices must be made to obtain a healthy current state of reality both bodily and mentally.  I don't know how I continue to survive through the day working in a hell hole, but the lunch menu is pretty super.  I wish I had more money to buy the things I want to eat, but I guess I'm staying away from a lot of junk food at the same time.  Asides from money and wealth, people always need to be in good health.  I guess I'm working my way up to being a better healthcare professional.  Even if I feel like giving up at times or changing career paths, it's a fundamental belief that health is the most important thing in life.  As long as I continue on the path of the healthcare industry that I'm on right now, success will surely follow in the long run.  No, it's not easy and won't happen overnight.  None the less, I want to be or at least pretend to be happy in my field of choice on a daily basis.

Peace          

No comments:

Post a Comment