Sunday, July 12, 2020

Take 100% Responsibility

I am responsible.  I am responsible for writing this.  I am responsible for cleaning up after myself.  I am responsible should I happen to eat too much and become fat.  I am responsible for buying too much crap I don't need.  I am responsible for pushing an old lady out of my way at the supermarket.  I am responsible for speeding.  I am responsible for going to bed at night.  I am responsible for anything I do. 

Well, the hardest part of being human is being responsible for ourselves.  The truth is most of us don't want to be responsible.  We are afraid of failure.  We are afraid we may do something wrong.  Sometimes, we don't even care what we do and just want to have a fun time.  Unfortunately, we come to a point in time where we all have to face the music as an individual.  We all make our own conscious decision.  We can't follow the herd mentality forever.  Eventually, there will be a point where all wrong doings will be notified and even punished for that matter.  Likewise, there will be a time individuals will be rewarded for doing what is perceived as good.  In any event, we should all be mindful about our actions and responsibilities throughout the day.  

To be fair, it's hard for any of us to take 100% for our own actions.  None of us wants to do all the work.  None of us wants to be blamed for any misshapen.  I write about this time and time again.  We become our habits.  It is our habits that defines us, day in and day out.  Sometimes, I just want an "I don't care button", but in reality doing nothing and not caring is also a choice that has its ramifications just like everything else.  No, I don't want to be that homeless guy on the street corner.  I need to find a life for myself that is somewhat balanced.  I want to be productive by not being overburdened by a huge laundry list of a workload.  I also don't want to be that asshole who doesn't do anything.  Life is a delicate balance between two opposing forces.  Welcome to the world of duality.

So many wants, so many dislikes and complaints, so many things to do, but we only have so little time during the day.  What do I prioritize?  What things are even worth doing?  These are the questions that I ask and must answer everyday.  While I was a struggling student at Rutgers University, I recall a fellow student advise me: You need to get your priorities straight.  I need to get my priorities straight?  What the fuck could that possibly mean without offending my ego?  Is getting into college and taking classes not enough?  Obviously, there was something more to life than being  a  sheep following the shepherd to the slaughter house.  Am I not using my time wisely?  Must I become someone or something that I'm not?  Do I dare to challenge myself and achieve popularity despite the overcoming odds?  What in God's name are MY PRIORITIES?  Nothing could be better in this world than taking care of yourself.  Yes, you must be able to take care of yourself before achieving anything else.  Fame, fortune, money, expensive things, .etc doesn't matter much if your hospitalized on your death bed somewhere.  Some of us aren't all that materialistic and greedy.  There's something inside of me that expresses an emotion beyond such a low vibratory frequency.  This higher calling of feelings may be termed as love or compassion where things like money, technology, fame, and fortune doesn't even matter.  While working I once overheard a family member mention "care is worth every ounce in gold".  To actually care and give a shit about someone is important.  Unfortunately, we are "all" wired to worship all things Hollywood, gold, cars, money, power, sex, fame, fortune, nice houses, etc.  Seriously, where is the love?  It's not a nice feeling when no one cares about your birthday.  "I love you" . . . where is the "I love you" these days? 

It's funny how I just sat here and wrote this piece.  Maybe, it's from years of living or maybe it's because of the connection I have with my mind heart chakras.  I believe we all have a higher self.  We download information all the time, especially when we sleep.  Sometimes, I just take a walk and refresh myself.  No, I don't need a ton of money.  No, I don't need to put it on Instagram.  No, I'm not even the right fit to be spreading my face all over social media.  I would just get so much unwanted attention.  I also wouldn't even care much to respond to anyone.  In any event, no one will care about you unless you care about them.  I guess this must be the case, my case.  Because I don't care enough about MY AUDIENCE, they won't view MY CONTENT.  Therefore, since my views are extremely low; I guess I just don't care enough to be reaching out to people.  Maybe, this whole social media thing is more for me venting as opposed to actually communicating and caring about others?  Again, no one wants to be that asshole who doesn't do or contribute anything.

In the end of days, there's not much going on here.  It's mostly just me, my blog, and the stuff I've been hoarding throughout the years.  When I'm done punching out of the clock, when I'm done going to work, when I'm done with my computer, who will be there for me?  Who?  Who in God's name would care other than me, myself, and I? 

That's it for me today.  I don't expect a miracle to be happening anytime soon.  Maybe, this is the present I want?  Maybe, this is the existence that I feel is right for me?  Do I really want to be surrounded by assholes that I call friends?  All I know is I can take 100% responsibility of myself of what I do and what I say.  Sometimes, the best thing I can do is not say anything; therefore I don't have to listen to any bullshit coming back to me.  Again, maybe spending time alone is the best option for taking care of myself.  

Thank you for stopping by.  I hope you have a blessed day.  Take care.       

Solomon




      

No comments:

Post a Comment