Monday, May 18, 2020

Staying Humble


Well, by now we've saved well over 1,200 patients lives from the virus.  Look, I put in my time and effort to do my best.  No, I'm not God.  No, I'm not a super hero.  No, I don't want to have a giant ego and float around life with a big head.  I want to be humble.  No matter what I accomplish in life, I want to be low key about it.  Humanity has suffered from giant egos for far too long.  I've always felt that being too arrogant was somehow toxic.  If you want to play the game of dominance and finding a mate, being an asshole may help an individual leap over mountains; but for everyday living it just gets in the way from someone trying to learn and grow as person.  No, you don't want to be that guy fighting and arguing all the time.  No, you don't want to waste time being a jerk and trying to one-up everyone.  There are tons of examples and we all know who these kinds of assholes are, but of all honesty the answer is just NO.  Instead of being an egotistical maniac who thinks he is right all the time, I'd like to be more balanced.  Because when you're more balanced and open, you learn more.  You aren't stuck in your old ways.  You aren't there to argue with everyone.  You aren't there to have to defend yourself if someone has a negative opinion about you.  In other words: Don't get weird.  

No, at the age of 35 I'm still not a millionaire.  No, I have accomplished much even though I saved a few lives.  I'm sure there have been doctors and nurses before me who have saved thousands of lives.  In comparison, I'm just an ordinary layman.  No, I don't know everything.  No, I'm not the best around.  Hell, I don't even have a doctorate.  Hell, I don't even have a master's degree.  Hell, I don't even care anymore about the American education system because it's broken.  As long as I'm receiving my biweekly paycheck, I'm not going to give two shits.  I know I'm Asian and there's a whole train ride of Tiger parents who are into this kind of stuff, but as for me . . . No ones gives a fuck.  No, I don't want to be in debt.  No, I don't want to feel like a slave.  No, I don't want to get myself into that negative, toxic vibe like I don't know any better.  For God sake, there is more to life than just money and social status.  Whatever happened to just being happy?  

So whatever, you're a doctor; you make millions of dollars; you have all these nice shiny things; etc. I'm happy for you.  Now, help out the community.  Help out your family and friends.  Help out the homeless.  Help someone in need.  If everyone else seems spoiled and entitled just find somewhere else they'd appreciate you.  No, it's not easy.  Ultimately, like anything else you have to grow up and get out of your comfort zone or things start becoming toxic.  Maybe you like it toxic?  There's no real right or wrong in life, but there's such a thing as being of service and helping others in need.

Thank you for stopping by.  Thank you for those who've been helping.  Thank you for the gift of humility.  I'll see you next time! 

  

      

No comments:

Post a Comment